2019 was one hell of a year for WRFL. Watch the WRFL 2019 recap video by our Media Director Maurice Fleming here.
Here’s some of the things WRFL did in 2019:
- We had more than 30 artists and bands perform in-studio on WRFL Live.
- We partnered with the Lexington Film League to present a screening of Missippi Records.
- We featured the band Whalerus, and hip hop artists Devine Carama and Mike Bandanna in our Know Your Own concert series.
- We turned 31 and celebrated with a Birthday Bash featuring the bands Cobra Man, Spud Cannon, Tiny Tiny and Quality Cable.
- We featured the bands Whalerus, Forrest and The Daybreaks in our Sunburn concert series.
- We put on Entropic Fest, a music festival featuring punk, metal and hip hop acts from across the region.
- We partnered with Institute 193 to present the 193 Sound concert series, featuring Matmos, LEYA and Jon Mueller.
- We hosted Tammi Savoy and the Chris Casello Combo.
- We partnered with Dead Audio to present Expansion 2019- a psych rock music festival.
- We partnered with local bands and our neighbors on South Limestone to put on the first ever Slimestone event- introducing freshmen to local businesses and music.
- We put on To The Front Fest- a music and art fundraiser focused on creating a platform for the inclusion and visibility of marginalized identities within the arts community. The event benefited Arbor Youth Services.
- Along with WRFL’s All Things Heavy we put on Wretched Fest- a festival to celebrate heavy metal music.
- Members of our board of directors represented WRFL at UK’s Student Organizations and Activities Retreat and at the 2019 College Broadcasters Inc. conference in St. Louis.
- We had a live in-studio DJ, 24 hours a day for 365 days, with no commercial interruptions.
We’re looking forward to what’s to come in 2020!
Send post submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on the WRFL Blog!