WRFL is hiring!
We are now accepting applications for the Local Music Director position, News Director Position, and Promotions Director position on our Board of Directors (BoD) until Wednesday November 18th at 10pm! These positions have an anticipated start date of December 5th.
The following are eligibility requirements to be on WRFL’s BoD:
- Be a full-time or part-time student enrolled at the University of Kentucky
- Must have and maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA minimum
- Must be in good standing with the University of Kentucky
- Must satisfy WRFL membership requirements (membership requirements can be found here)
The duties of the Local Music Director include:
- Overseeing booking, production, and promotion of WRFL Live!, in conjunction with the Production Directors, Design Director, and Promotions Director I
- Building close relationships with local artists
- Populating and maintaining the Local Music Playbox
- Contributing local music reviews to the WRFL Blog / Tumblr
- Leading the production of one (1) WRFL Live Compilation album per show schedule
- Point of contact with local bands for event booking
The duties of the News Director include:
- Overseeing the development, scheduling, and production of all news programming
- Overseeing content creation for news blog
- Overseeing the following programming elements:
- AP Wire services (in conjunction with Student Media Advisor)
- Democracy Now / Pacifica radio contacts (in conjunction with Student Media Advisor)
- Campus Voices
- Morning News
The duties of the Promotions Director include:
- Overseeing all promotional efforts for WRFL including:
- Promotion of WRFL’s programming and broadcast schedule
- Sponsored concerts and other events (in particular, the creation of press releases)
- Campus event involvement/collaboration in conjunction with General Manager
- Input in design and distribution of marketing materials
- Delegation of design and development of WRFL’s online presence (website, social media, etc.)
- Promotional and social events for attracting new members in conjunction with the Training Director and Production Director
- Promotion to relevant academic programs (School of Journalism and Telecommunications, School of Business, School of Music, etc.) in conjunction with General Manager
- Maintaining relationships with local media outlets
- Overseeing the budget allocated for WRFL Promotions Department and leading weekly Promo Team meetings
- Overseeing the merchandise inventory, the collection of revenue from the sale of WRFL merchandise at local retailers and events tabled by the station, in conjunction with Development Director, and delivery of said revenue to UK Student Center Ticket Office or the Student Media Advisor
- Attends weekly Executive Committee meetings
- Overseeing production of WRFL’s photo and video content, maintaining timely and high-quality output of promotional and WRFL Live videos/photography on a regular, weekly basis
Pay for each position is $10.50 per hour for a maximum of 20 hours per week. These are year-long positions and continue during the summer.
The BBNvolved application can be found here.
*WRFL is operating remotely at this time, and all work can be completed remotely.*
If there are any additional questions regarding these positions or application, please contact our General Manager Becky Fulton at email@example.com.